Specialised Safety Programmes
The National Trade Academy Ltd has been providing safety training since 2000. Participants registered in our courses have included DOC staff, pest control operators, farmers and their staff, through to surf lifesaving clubs that use ATVs. Our aim is to provide individuals and companies with a safety training package that combines the elements of high quality, needs specific, flexible and cost effective training.
As an employer our safety programmes will help you to meet OSH regulations in respect to health and safety training while as an employee you will gain skills, knowledge and confidence in the safe use of vehicles and equipment under all conditions. Safety programmes offered by NTA are:
- ATV Safety: covering legal and safety requirements, maintenance, riding techniques and equipment used.
- Motorbike Safety: covering legal and safety requirements, maintenance, riding techniques and equipment used.
- Tractor Safety: covering operating tractors and implements used, legal requirements, hazards, driving techniques and servicing the tractor.
- 4WD Vehicle Safety: topics covered are operating a 4WD vehicle, gear needed and the safety requirements. Trainees must hold a current driver's license and be able to get or have use of a 4WD vehicle.
- Chainsaw Safety: covering identifying safety and hazards and testing, operating and maintaining a chainsaw.
- Agrichemical Safety: covering safety (including storage, cleaning and risks), first aid, managing agrichemicals and controlling weeds.
- 16 years old or over
- New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident