Fees and conditions
- Students are expected to complete 2 weeks unpaid ‘work experience’ on their farms prior to starting employment. This forms part of their qualification requirements with NZQA and must be completed and recorded using a supplied work book which the farmer is expected to check and sign
- While on work experience, it is expected that the student will be accommodated and fed with no charge. Food can be supplied by the farmer or an allowance provided to the student to purchase their own food. Either way, the expectation is to a value of $150.00 each student per week.
The 2020 charges for using our recruitment and consultancy service is broken down into three parts:
- Area 1 is within the boundaries of Rakaia, Greendale, Hororata, Sheffield and Rangiora - $1,800 plus GST per student.
- Area 2 is from area 1 to and including Ashburton, Mayfield, Methven, Amberley, Culverden, Rotherham, Waiau and Cheviot – $2,000.00 plus GST per student.
- All other areas outside areas 1 and 2 – $2,200.00 plus GST per student.
- Refunds for employees that leave before the 90-day trial period after receiving their Work Visa is by negotiation, dependent on the individual circumstances. There is no refund for employees that leave after the 90-day trial period.
- Invoices will be created and sent by NTA and are payable within 14 days of the invoice date and will be created on either confirmation of employment (if the student has a Work Visa) or once the Work Visa is approved by Immigration NZ.